Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Daughters New Lunch Box

Ever since I watched ABC World News Tonight on the "Made in America" series they did, I have been taking notice of the products I buy. I figured that I would try and make a serious effort to buy American. Well, I'm here to tell you that it's much harder than you think.

For example; I was painting my bathroom and was in Home Depot picking up some paint. I was thinking about all of these home projects that I to do and went looking for a nail gun to finally attack the headboard I've been wanting to make. Well as I was walking through the isles looking at all the power tools (drool drool drool) ex: Milwaukee, Black and Decker, Bosch, DeWalt, Makita, etc. ALL made over seas. NONE of the brands that Home Depot carried were American made. Not one of them! At least the ones that I was looking at. Hey, I'm all for foreign import/export, but this is really upsetting. They wonder why our country is going under.

When you can, look at a label and see where it's made. You could be saving someone's job here in the good ol' US of A. I will look for a American made Website and post later. There's quite a few out there. 

My daughter and I both love her American made lunch box. AND, it's almost exactly the one I had when I was a kid. : )

1 comment:

  1. American made products can be more readily found in independent shops - ones that provide better quality products & better customer service. Home Depot & Costcos have to find the cheapest options because that's what their customers want. This, of course, means they have to go overseas. So, shop local! You'll pay more, but you know what they say, "you vote with your dollars". And more than likely, you'll get a better made product that will last longer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete